Sunday, June 28, 2015

#RedBusRules by Delaina

For starters, the red bus is definitely the best bus out of the three. We have Nancy, the driver, who is so chill and just awesome. Then, we have Michael with his old, classic music and booming laugh. He gets along with just about everyone. But who has the loudest laugh? Definitely Hélène. It doesn’t take much to make her start laughing, and it’s extremely contagious. I’m lucky to call her my team leader, as she is so much fun and just amazing to be around. Of course, let’s not forget Patrick. He will sing to anything, and his voice bounces off the windows (as there really is no walls) and sometimes, we join in with him. And then innocent Holly. Can’t forget her! She’s so quiet, yet extremely nice. She will help anyone. After all, she is the nurse. The next innocent one is Evie. Sweet, nearly silent Evie. I haven’t really heard much from her, but she seems to enjoy just tuning out the kids and gazing out the window. I don’t blame her, though the Red Bus is usually very quiet. (That’s why we’re the best, duh!) Hope, the one who sits right up front and keeps to herself, talked about her spirit animal, which happens to be an Elk. Why, I have no idea whatsoever. Maybe she will bring it up again tomorrow while we ride around Washington. Lastly, forgive me if I have forgotten anyone, there is Sue. Now, she is also quiet, but she is what we are calling the light flicker. Accidentally tonight, I had forgotten to turn on my light. Up she goes and over she comes, tapping on my light and giving me a friendly smile.

         So why does the Red Bus rule? We are quiet, which keeps the adults sane and…decent. We aren’t mouthy or jumpy, which makes it easy for Nancy. And then, no offense to other busses, we just have the best, friendliest people on board to enjoy the ride. And so far, we are all enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment