Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 3 by Hannah

It was raining the entire day today, but we had a lot of fun!! We went to Philadelphia and saw the liberty bell. That was really cool because I didn't know a lot about it. I learned a lot more like how the crack came to be. It was once a small crack but then people tried to fix it so many times that it grew bigger. That was cool to find out.

Then we traveled to Amish country. I didn't really know a lot about their culture except for they didn't use a lot of technology. I found out a lot. I found out that teenagers had a time period from the ages of 16 to about 22 when they could go out and discover the world. This happened before they became full out Amish people. That was really interesting.

We ended the day with some amazing Amish food. We went to a great Amish restaurant where they continued to bring you more home-made food until you couldn't eat anymore. It was really good! They also had a gift shop with some pretty nifty items for sale. I didn't buy any but it all looked so cool.  Again, this day was a lot of fun and by far my favorite day that we've had so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment