Friday, June 26, 2015

9/11 Emotions by Cody

Well today we went to the 9/11 memorial and I'll be honest - it was depressing. I mean the event in general was sad but being there makes the memories fresh in everyone's minds. My friends and I walked around the museum quietly barely talking. As we walked once in a while I asked my friends if they wanted to go left or right. Once we got to the part with people in the Pentagon talking about what happened I cried. I stopped crying and we continued onward in our tour we made it through the exhibit. We finished our tour of that exhibit and we walked and saw the Hall of Faces. I felt like not going in at first but then I was like well I guess I want to go and see. As I walked I saw a face in the pictures that looked exactly like my dad I took a double take and stared into the picture for a minute then I started to feel nauseous. I walked with my friends and we quickly left the hall. We walked to the gift shop and got a two hoodies. We then walked out of the memorial and sat and talked about how we felt over at the reflection pool. We eventually got called over to continue our trip to Chinatown and Little Italy. Today was a very sad day, but a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment