Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Memorials by Hannah


Today, we went to a lot of really cool memorials in Washington DC. I hung out with Hope, Faith and Charity today, as well. Those three ladies represent what women did to help during wars. Hope was looking at the sky hoping for the war to end, Faith was praying to help the men survive, and Charity was caring for the men. We also went to the Franklin Delano Roosevelt and this was cool because I was Eleanor Roosevelt in something at my school called biography day. I found out a ton of information about this person and pretended to be her for a day.

We also went to the holocaust museum. This was really interesting and my favorite museum we've gone to so far. There was this one section that was about a boy who went from living a normal life to going to a ghetto and then being moved to a concentration camp. He survived the camp but his mother and sister didn't. He had written a diary but it was taken away once he entered the camp. This was extremely interesting. I really enjoyed this day and I thought it was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment