Saturday, June 27, 2015

6/27/2015 by Kellie


The day started off rainy and tired, I wasn't expecting too much fun. But as the day rolled on and it finished, it turned out to be a great day!

We drove to Philadelphia to see the liberty bell and learned more about it. I learned that the famous crack came to be because they were trying to fix 
a smaller crack and just made it even bigger. It was interesting to learn that because I have always wondered about it. We looked inside the gift shops aNd everything was really neat! 

After, we travelled to the Amish country. I learned tons about their culture. They live much different than we do. It was fascinating to see the differences between the outside world and the Amish people. They aren't supposed to use technology, not even cars. There is one time in their life where they experience the outside world though, which I never knew. We watched a film and took a tour around the countryside. It was really cool! I think, and I'm positive everyone else does too, the food was the best part of the trip! There was mashed potatoes, chicken, beans, chicken pot pie and so much more. Everything was delicious! Today was nothing like I thought it would be, I had a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment